Delegate Sales ExecutiveJoin our team
Energy Council is the most senior and influential network of energy executives in the world. We connect energy executives, and in turn their companies, to each other and to their partners in the finance and investment worlds. We focus on the business dynamics of O&G; the pioneers, partnerships, capital, transactions, joint ventures and capex that determine the future direction of the industry and shape tomorrow’s energy landscape. We host a series of global conferences and dinners including Europe’s largest energy conference and the world’s largest energy awards. We bring these executives together to facilitate new investment, encourage business development, showcase excellence and promote thought leadership.
We are looking to recruit a Delegate Sales Executive to sell ‘participation packages’ to our events world-wide.
- Your primary job function is to sell a range of ‘participation packages’ (including delegate tickets, dinner tickets and tables, exhibition stands, published advertising and membership subscriptions) over the telephone for existing Energy Council clients and new business prospects to attend and be involved in Energy Council events, additionally you must be able:
- To research new leads and follow up existing leads
- To maximise sales time by targeting effectively the correct clients, their role and their companies
- To generate maximum revenue on any event you are selling on
- To work within a team environment towards team goals
- To meet or exceed personal targets, revenue targets and call time rates
- To meet or succeed yearly and monthly revenue targets by selling consistently to all possible targets; repeat delegates, new clients and prospects.
- To convince the prospect of the benefits of attending our events
- To exchange information and give necessary feedback as and when needed by colleagues in different department at the office
- To make at least 60 calls per day on average over a week – the role requires significant time on the phone to contact clients and prospects.
- To complete accurately and send the weekly sales report sheet to your line manager
- To sell on whichever event as necessity demands as directed by your line manager
- To be able to work extra hours as and when required
- To ensure that business conduct reflects an enthusiastic and efficient image of the department
- You will be present at certain events and meet clients directly face-to-face
- To sell participation packages primarily for meetings in Asia (meetings in Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and Beijing) but also selling Asian customers/clientele participation packages to events outside of Asia in the Oil & Gas Council’s wider calendar of events; including events in London and Paris.
Background Knowledge, Skills & Experience – Necessary:
- Previous work in telesales, phone based marketing, and/or business-to-business sales
- Computer literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Demonstrate fluency in both written and spoken English
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
- Highly motivated, ambitious and constantly striving for excellence and success
- Customer focused and knows how to build and maintain relationships
- Self-motivation/drive with a work-ethic based on never giving up.
- Results oriented
- Business acumen
Background Knowledge, Skills & Experience – Desirable:
- Knowledge of the oil and gas, and/or, finance sectors
- Bilingual – English as primary language and ideally can speaker Chinese or Malay.
- Previous Use of Salesforce CRM system
Please apply clearly stating your salary expectations, availability & current visa status. We will offer an attractive salary with commission & benefits to the right candidates. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Promotion to Sponsorship Sales Executive is available to successful candidates who excel at the role of Delegate Sales Executive. The role is based in Singapore but offers international travel to attend other Oil & Gas Council events (both in Asia and beyond) for those that exceed their sales targets.
We represent a fast growing, energetic business that works with the world’s largest and most successful companies.