Investors Are Leaving U.S. Shale And They Are Not Coming Back
8 October 2020 | 9:00 CT
With the US shale industry having been severely impacted by both the COVID-19 pandemic and the oil price war, US investors are beginning to screen opportunities elsewhere. Where will US capital be re-deployed now that we are seeing historically profitable geographies go by the wayside?
- Which types of investors will remain bullish on O&G and which types of investors leave?
- Which international assets will be deemed attractive enough for U.S. investors to re-deploy their capital outside of the U.S?
- Prospects in Latam vs. Africa vs. North Sea/Europe vs. APAC
- How attractive are Deepwater Offshore assets vs. Onshore Conventional Assets vs. Midstream Assets?
- At what price level will U.S. shale become the more attractive investment option again?
- Is there appetite for new frontier exploration projects in this environment? Guyana vs. SE Asia vs. Offshore Africa