U.S. Oil & Gas Companies Were Hanging On By A Thread, Is It Too Late For Restructuring?
4 AUGUST 2020 | 9am CT
US O&G Independents were already sitting on huge debt levels before the impacts of COVID-19 and the Oil Price War hit. They now face a dire road ahead. Amidst weakened commodity prices and huge debt costs, companies are struggling to survive as they are being forced to cut costs and preserve cash. As traditional sources of capital pull back, companies must seek restructuring advice in order to weather the storm.
- How will restructuring need to differ this time around in order to sufficiently improve the financial health of companies on the other end of this downturn?
- Will independents and small private companies have access to capital going forward? If so, how do they unlock access to capital?
- What next for no-bid bankruptcy scenarios and illiquid companies going on blowdown.
- When are the creditors going to act and how are they going to act? Will they be prepared to take on ownership/operatorship of assets?
- Will the majors & super majors lead the way with mass consolidation? If so, what opportunities will rise to the top of the pile? US vs. International?