MSGBC Local Content Forum
25 January 2022, CICAD, Dakar, Senegal
The Forum is dedicated to developing local capacity to cater to the move towards development and production. Topic highlights for 2022, include assessing regional funding capacity and exploring the changing role of service providers in local content initiatives and developing in-country capacity.
WHAT IS THE
LOCAL CONTENT FORUM?
Organised with the official support of local Senegalese regulator COS-PETROGAZ, the MSGBC Local Content Forum, now in its 4th year, is a gathering entirely focused on developing strategies for local content and building in-country capacity within the MSGBC Basin. Through highly interactive discussions, speakers and attendees can share ideas and past experiences to deliberate the most sustainable and efficient way for the region to move forward, strengthening the future of the industry.
Gathering international oil & gas players with local businesses and public bodies, the Local Content Forum aims to increase the visibility of in-region suppliers and service providers ready to get involved in ongoing and upcoming projects.
Topics covered at the Local Content Forum include:
- Assessing the implications of new local content legislation
- Challenges around managing expectations in terms of visibility and speed of progress
- Case studies on ongoing projects and lessons learnt from elsewhere on the continent
- Exploring opportunities for cross-border collaboration within the MSGBC region
- Education and training challenges in preparing the region for development and production
- Local and international collaboration on financing projects
- Re-assessing the role service providers can play in developing in-country capacity