Simon J. Tysoe
Partner, Latham & Watkins
Simon Tysoe is a partner in the Corporate Department of the Latham & Watkins’ London office, and served as former Co-Chair of the firm’s Oil & Gas Industry Group. Simon specialises in M&A transactions in the energy sector, and has extensive experience advising clients on a range of cross-border energy and natural resources transactions including upstream, mid-stream, and downstream oil and gas M&A, power and renewables M&A, joint ventures, restructuring, and project development.
“Simon Tysoe makes the Latham offering stand out. His knowledge, adaptability and can-do attitude are second to none and incredibly important for clients – particularly as part of global energy transition.’ – Legal 500 UK 2022
Select transactions include advising:
- Carlyle on its acquisition of Occidental’s Colombian onshore oil and gas business.
- Iberdrola on its sale of a 40% stake in the East Anglia One offshore windfarm to GIG.
- TotalEnergies SE on the US$184.2 million sale of TEPKRI Sarasang, a Denmark-based oil and gas exploration and production company, to ShaMaran Petroleum.
- Chevron Nigeria on its acquisition of Escravos gas-to-liquids plant in Nigeria of Sasol.
- TOTAL Deutschland on its sale of a stake in Großtanklager-Ölhafen Rostock, a Germany-based provider of oil storage services, to EUROPORTS.
- Chevron on its sale of Chevron North Sea, a UK-based company engaged in exploration, production and sale of hydrocarbons, to Ithaca Energy.
- Assala Energy, a portfolio group of Carlyle International Energy Partners, in connection with the acquisition by Assala Upstream Gabon S.A. of a 32.9% participating interest in the Rabi-Kounga oil field from Total Gabon S.A.