Managing Director (MD), Petroleum Products Marketing Company (PPMC), NNPC
Bala is the present Managing Director of the Petroleum Products Marketing Company (PPMC) a subsidiary of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC). This role entails responsibility for ensuring the downstream energy security of the Country.
Preceding this appointment, Mr Wunti was the Group General Manager, Corporate Planning & Strategy of the NNPC. In this position, he was the Chief Strategist and Commercial Superintendent for the Corporation saddled with the task of driving commercial focus, business planning and budgeting process.
Prior to this, Mr Wunti was the General Manager/ Technical Adviser Downstream (2016 -2017) to the GMD/CEO, NNPC where he developed and ensured the implementation of a Petroleum Product Supply and Distribution Model. This is in addition to playing a key role in the transformation and restructuring of the then beleaguered NNPC Downstream entities. Bala Wunti was the pioneer General Manager, NNPC Efficiency Unit (2015 -2016) where he set the tone for ‘turning NNPC’s curve’ to a highly efficient and performing organisation through the development of a thoroughbred strategic plan focused on revenue improvement and cost curtailment.
In earlier roles, Mr Wunti’s excellence, remarkable capability and depth in leadership was proven beyond any reasonable doubt as Technical Advisor and Later Senior Technical Advisor to the GMD (2010 -2015) , where he managed a dynamic team of over forty (40) personnel rendering Technical and Business Advisory as well as Stakeholder management services to the GMD.
Before his foray into these roles, Bala was Head of market research at Brass LNG (2004 -2010), Assistant Chief Market Research Officer, Eleme Petrochemicals (1998 -2004) and Manager Chemicals, Import & Export, Doma Chemicals Lagos (1990 -1991), amongst other roles.
– With almost three decades of experience in the oil & gas industry, Bala Wunti has led projects covering:
– High impact commercial negotiations and dispute resolution in the Nigerian deep-water PSCs
– Corporate and business unit strategy development
– Business modelling and Transformation journey navigation
– Profit improvement/Cost optimisation programmes
– Contracts /Sales Agreements Negotiation
– Oil, LNG, LPG & NGL Markets Trend & Analysis
– Change management/ Culture architecting and embedding, amongst others
Bala is married with 4 children.