Bill is a partner within the Energy Business. Operating from Board level to the front line, Bill partners with clients to develop and implement strategies. He combines a results orientated approach with an exceptional ability to build and develop people and teams. He runs Oliver Wyman’s Operational Risk horizontal and the Upstream team. He has a Masters in Mechanical Engineering and an MBA from London Business School. Before consulting, Bill worked in Oil / Gas and UK Railway Infrastructure.
- Global oil/gas: Supported global Production Function on their operational risk improvement program which covered the life cycle of the asset, including design, construction, maintenance and operations. Process required tangible and intangible ‘barriers’ to a failure in operations to be reviewed and enhanced, including leadership and cultural components
- Global oil/gas: Developed and supported senior and facility leadership engagements over a number of years to build cultural norms which focus on operational risks and the reduction on incidents
- Railway infrastructure: Following significant incident following from poor maintenance, reviewed contractor management processes and overall maintenance performance.
- Global oil/gas: Developed and launched PMO for improvement programmes across Upstream business, including the gathering and modelling of new KPIs for quarterly Executive review
- Global oil/gas: Developed Production Academy for Upstream staff to provide career-based competency development, including the design and facilitation of a masterclass for Asset Managers
- Global oil/gas: Developed high level framework and implementation process for the creation of consistent Management processes and systems across the client’s upstream operations.
- Global oil/gas: Reviewed and redesigned global HSE function covering Upstream, Gas and Downstream businesses
- Numerous oil and gas businesses: Conducted assessments of operational risk management systems and associated cultures as part of improvement or competency development programs