Executive Director, Petroleum Authority Uganda
- Completed an MSc in Petroleum Reservoir Geology at the Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine in London in 1990 and worked briefly with Scott Pickford Plc in the United Kingdom. Returned to Uganda to participate in field geological and geophysical data acquisition as part of the petroleum exploration effort in the country.
- Ernest was a Commissioner for Uganda’s Petroleum Exploration and Production Department (PEPD) between 2008 – 2014, Ag. Director Petroleum in November 2014 and confirmed as Director for Petroleum during October, 2015 in the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development.
- Was a member of the Uganda Government team that promotes the country’s petroleum potential to industry with a view to attract investment in the sector and also negotiated Production Sharing Agreements with oil companies for acreage in Uganda’s Albertine Graben.
- Chaired the working group which coordinated the formulation of a draft National Oil and Gas Policy for Uganda which was approved in 2008. Was a key participant in the formulation of Uganda’s new petroleum laws which were passed in 2013.
- Appointed Executive Director of the newly created Petroleum Authority of Uganda starting September, 2016.
- A member of the American Association of Petroleum Geologist (AAPG), the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) and the Geological Society of Uganda.
- Recipient of the Global Pacific Award for Distinguished Contribution to the African Oil and Gas Industry, 2007.
- Recognition for contribution to the discovery of oil in Uganda by H.E the President of the Republic of Uganda in 2006.
- Awarded the Nalubale medal in recognition of the contributions towards the development of the country’s oil and gas sector in 2016.