Minerals & Royalties Podcast
JD Mann, President & CEO, Warrior Oil & Gas
Published 09 March 2021
JD Mann, President & CEO of Warrior Oil & Gas joins us to discuss the different ventures he has started on the Land Services and Minerals front over the years, including his current company Warrior Oil & Gas, which is focused on acquiring minerals in Appalachia. Listen here.
● JD Mann is the President and CEO of Warrior Oil and Gas, a private minerals and royalties aggregator focused on the Appalachia Basin.
● JD grew up in Brooksville, Florida, but moved with his family when he was in high school to West Virginia where he graduated and took college courses, and landed a job as a landman for Chesapeake— his first involvement in oil and gas.
● JD worked with Chesapeake on acquisitions, title, and due diligence, and from there, decided to do his own thing, at first, buying minerals at tax sales, which got him into the distressed mineral market.
● After being in land brokerage and services for over a decade, JD sold his Land Services business in 2016 and later founded Warrior Oil
business in 2016 and later founded Warrior Oil and Gas in 2017, to focus primarily on mineral buying in Appalachia.
● JD’s entrepreneurial roots stem back to his family’s musical background, in which they used to tour across the Country. JD learned the true value of a dollar, both in marketing and sales, as he saw his family market their performances and sell merchandise and cassette tapes. This has translated to a very thoughtful & rifle-shot marketing approach in Warrior Oil & Gas’s minerals acquisition efforts.
● Warrior Oil and Gas began with the focus of purchasing minerals by leveraging their land services knowledge & experience in Appalachia as well as their extensive local relationships.
● 2020 was a slow year for everyone, especially in Appalachia as far as deals and transactions were concerned. One factor contributing to this was the challenge of getting access to records and title because Courthouses were closed due to the Pandemic.
● Warrior Oil & Gas buys across PA, WV, and Ohio but their bread & butter continues to be in West Virginia because his team lives in the community and has a pulse on the O&G development activity on the ground.
JD has been in the energy industry for more than a decade, with a vast range of experience, including land service work on behalf of large E&P and Midstream clients, mineral, oil and gas acquisitions and divestures, drilling and operating wells, JD is responsible for executive level and senior management, overseeing their day to day operations, as well as the acquisitions of the mineral, oil and gas interests within the company portfolio.
JD is an active volunteer in his community, serving on non-profit boards directly reaching the community in which he and his family reside.
Warrior Oil & Gas is an independent oil and natural gas company focused on the acquisition, exploration, exploitation and development of oil and natural gas properties in the Appalachian and Illinois Basins.
Find out more http://www.warrioroilandgas.com/
North America Royalties Assembly
Coming to Houston, Texas - 13 October 2021
The home of CEOs & Investors in the Minerals and Royalties Space