Partner, Latham & Watkins
Simon Tysoe is a partner in the Corporate Department of the London office, and served as former Co-Chair of the firm’s Oil & Gas Industry Group. Simon specializes in M&A transactions in the energy sector, and has extensive experience advising clients on a range of cross-border energy and natural resources transactions including upstream, mid-stream, and downstream oil and gas M&A, power and renewables M&A, joint ventures, restructuring, and project development.
“Simon Tysoe makes the Latham offering stand out. His knowledge, adaptability and can-do attitude are second to none and incredibly important for clients – particularly as part of global energy transition.’ – Legal 500 UK 2022.
Mr. Tysoe's representative matters include advising:
• Assala Energy, a portfolio group of Carlyle International Energy Partners, in connection with the acquisition by Assala Upstream Gabon S.A. of a 32.9% participating interest in the Rabi-Kounga oil field from Total Gabon S.A.
• Exxon Mobil on its sale of Mobil Producing Nigeria to Seplat.
• Exxon Mobil on the sale of its entire upstream and midstream asset portfolio in Chad and Cameron to Savannah Energy.
• Chevron on the sale of its South African and Botswanan refining and marketing business to Glencore
• Chevron on its $2bn sale of its UK North Sea portfolio to Ithaca Energy
• Carlyle on its acquisition of Occidental’s Colombian onshore oil and gas business.
• Iberdrola on its sale of a 40% stake in the East Anglia One offshore windfarm to GIG.
• TotalEnergies SE on the US$184.2 million sale of TEPKRI Sarasang, a Denmark-based oil and gas exploration and production company, to ShaMaran Petroleum.
• Chevron Nigeria on its acquisition of Escravos gas-to-liquids plant in Nigeria of Sasol.
• TOTAL Deutschland on its sale of a stake in Großtanklager-Ölhafen Rostock, a Germany-based provider of oil storage services, to EUROPORTS.