What are you looking forward to ahead of EGC2019?
It would be great to catch up with friends and leading industry stakeholders.
What are the pressing issues to be discussed in January?
• Where do we stand with the Russia/Ukraine transit contract – is there any likelihood of an agreement by end-year;
• How far has the laying of Nord Stream 2 and Turkstream progressed?
• What’s happening with winter supply in NW Europe and what’s the impact on prices?
• Do we have any significant increase in European LNG imports?
Do you see the role of gas threatened by decarbonisation?
• Not significantly in the 2020s but unless the industry uses that decade to prepare then it’s all downhill after 2030
What do you envisage as the key challenges for the European gas market through 2019?
• Getting a Russia/Ukraine agreement on continued transit by the end of 2019
• Will Nord Stream 2 be up and running at full capacity by the end of 2019? It is time to find out in January
Jonathan Stern, Founder, Natural Gas Research Programme, Oxford Institute for Energy Studies will be speaking at the
2019 European Gas Conference