Minerals & Royalties Podcast
William Malloy, Tyler Leon, & Trent Leon, Managing Partners at Tilden Capital
Published 30 March 2021
Trent Leon, Tyler Leon, and William Malloy, the Managing Partners at Tilden Capital join the podcast to discuss their track record in the Permian Basin, including their recent partnership with Pegasus Resources and their current partnership with KKR. Listen here.
● Tilden Capital is a private equity-backed minerals and royalties shop focused on the Permian Basin, led by Trent Leon, Tyler Leon, and William Malloy.
● William Malloy, a landman by trade, cut his teeth on the industry in the Barnett, Marcellus, and then later on in the Permian.
● Tyler and Trent Leon both played College Golf at Oklahoma State University and were part of the National Championship team in 2006. After brief stints of trying to go Pro, they started dabbling in the minerals & royalties space, taking some of the insights and lessons they had learned from owning/leasing minerals from their family ranch in the Eagle Ford.
● In late 2014 after the market crashed, Trent & Tyler saw a window of opportunity to buy minerals in the Delaware Basin, which they believed would be developed in a similar fashion to the Eagle Ford. They partnered up with William Malloy & launched Tilden Capital.
● After buying on their own account for several years, they Partnered with George Young and another high net worth individual before joining forces with George formally in 2017 as the buying agents for Pegasus Resources, an Encap backed minerals & royalties company focused in the Permian Basin. From 2017-2019, Tilden Capital deployed $700mm on behalf of Pegasus Resources in the Permian.
● After the partnership with Pegasus reached it’s natural close, Tilden Capital ventured out on their own and later joined forces with KKR in the 2nd half of 2020 to buy minerals in the Permian.
● Trent, Tyler, & William continue to hunt for deals as the bid-ask-spread in the Permian narrows. They remain focused on market fundamentals, interest rates, capital gains tax rates, New Mexico Fed Lands policy, and other factors in the market that can affect minerals buying opportunities.
Tilden Capital, LLC was formed to acquire mineral & royalty assets across the United States. Since inception we have acquired 160,000 net royalty acres. We purchase all our assets with an institutional partner and have the ability to close deals of any size.
If you, your family or company are curious what your mineral & royalty assets may be worth please do not hesitate to reach out to Tilden Capital. We would be happy to get you a quick evaluation of your assets!
North America Royalties Assembly
Coming to Houston, Texas - 13 October 2021
The home of CEOs & Investors in the Minerals and Royalties Space