Investing in the North sea in the most effective route to low-carbon oil and gas production
Thursday 6 October at 3:00PM – 4:00PM (BST)
In light of expanding pressures to energy supply in Europe, the low-carbon credentials of North Sea oil and gas production has stood apart as the best route to maintain energy transition goals and allay supply concerns.
Join the Energy Council’s latest webinar to hear industry-leader discuss and debate:
- The efforts undertaken by North Sea producers to lower their emissions impacts, expand production and alleviate supply pressures
- How progressive investment strategies maintain Energy Transition credentials while supporting the development of low-carbon assets
- The decarbonisation technologies that have made the North Sea E&P a world-beating basin
- Taking ESG lessons from the North Sea’s producers to the industry’s global operations
- What criteria are investors considering when looking at M&A opportunities in the North Sea
Principal & Partner, Rystad Energy
Chief Executive Officer, Hurricane Energy
Mr Maris brings 35 years of wide-ranging oil and gas sector technical and business leadership experience to Hurricane. Prior to his appointment as CEO, he spent 15 years with Pharos Energy plc, where he was Chief Operating Officer from 2012 to early 2020. He was awarded the Friendship Order Medal by the Vietnam Government for his significant contribution to exploration and production activities.
Director – Oil & Gas Group, Houlihan Lokey
Tom Hughes has spent four years as a senior member of BMO Capital Markets’ energy investment banking team in EMEA, having spent six years at RBC Capital Markets previously covering natural resources and oil and gas. He holds an MSc and a BA (Hons) in Accounting and Finance from the University of Exeter.
Strategic Growth Director, Kongsberg Digital
Brian Carey leads Kongsberg Digital’s Net Zero business and has a background in investment, business strategy, projects, and engineering including 10 years working globally with Royal Dutch Shell. Brian holds a master’s degree in sustainable energy and a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering.
Head of Strategy, Performance and Risk, Vår Energi
15 years in the energy business.